Wanderlusting
   
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
It's Not a General Visa
So I talked with immigration at Detroit, and they informed me that there is no such visa as a "general" visa, and that I had mistaken the heading of "general" as the name of a visa. I was actually looking at the cultural visa (which they gave me specific instructions on how to get).

As it stands, though, I'm looking to get a job for an August or early September start, so that I don't have to worry about renewing a tourist visa, or scurrying to get a cultural visa. It's too much work, and I hate all the red tape.

In other news, Miki has gotten her apartment, and the former tenant has decided to leave her a television, a couch, and a shoe rack. How lucky is that? I think the apt. already comes with a refrigerator, a washing machine, a toaster oven, and some other stuff. All I need is a rice cooker and some nori.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Keigh @ 11:59 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Welcome to Wanderlusting
  • the often erratic thoughts of a girl obsessed with countries, cultures and the cosmos. enjoy your stay, however brief, however long.
  • The History of It All
    The Road Traveled--now with more wanderlusting!!
    I Thought You Might Like These
    Powered by

    Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER